miércoles, 6 de febrero de 2013

La Sirena de Verano '11-'12



This is the first installment of how I found a job, lost a job, found friends, lost my home, work, money and everything and survived for 3 weeks without every spending any money and always landing on my feet.

Always seeking adventure.
Change your plans.


Playing Whats The Time Mr Wolf
action shot
Nika being Mr Wolf
Stay Flexible.
Say Yes to Life.







I wanted to teach Swimming Lessons every since I was 16 and the AUSTSWIM accreditation could pay me more than the $5.00 I was earning at the Polish Bakery. So I finally got around to it in the middle of 2011 when I had finished living in the bush for ten days of silent meditation Vipassana in the Summer, and also left my boyfriend, became homeless and lived in a dirty shed with stray dogs and untrained puppies and older men with severe mental health problems, and also got fired for not turning up to sell massages at Future Music Festival and be filmed by Channel V. 

How I stay motivate to travel the world as an acrobat.
 Of course at the exact moment that I didn’t have the life I was living before, my soul sister was there for me[1]


Good business.
So from the time I trained AUSTSWIM in Sydney, I got an internship in Thailand, Ko Samui Island.
Of course, in a Yoga class I met another strong woman[2] who was living in Thailand with a one way ticket, training in Muay Thai.
That’s when she introduced me to the world of Muay Thai and my CRAZY motocross racing, tattooed, pierced, 18 years my senior, Thai Kickboxing fighting Spanish Tutor.


The Muay Thai Crew became my friends and Taxi became my tutor. I still went to Yoga, and I taught every day, Swimming for the morning and English in the afternoon. 
I had a crazy trip to Malaysia for a visa run, maybe more on that another day.
Featuring me sleeping on the floor of reggae bar with Shaman Jim telling me his plan for solving the worlds problems with everyone partaking in oral sex. And fending off foot massages from him.











The next installment involves near drowning in waterfalls, jealousy, cases of mistaken identities, last minute booked flights, cross country travel, living in a monastery, Yoga, coconuts, broken legs, studio bungalows, fights and making up, language miscommunications, lost in translation, lovers reunions and pools, swimming, ocean frolicking as well as your general expectations of a modern day mermaid.







[1] My soul sister: another entry for another day about how much I love her and how special we are.
[2] Strong Women with whom I surround myself, nada menos.  Women who aren’t sheep and who go solo travelling and who don’t define themselves by whom they date, or by seeking approval from friends or public. Women to look up to, to learn from, to make each other stronger. Many of these women come to feature in my Tails.

Hana

Playing 






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario