domingo, 3 de febrero de 2013

La Sirena Desnuda




Being free to express all my needs and wants of all kinds, I feel liberated to dress however I feel so inclined. However this is at times a point of contention, so I would like to outline my feelings on it especially how it relates to my current position in South America. This is a region at odds with my point of view; a saying goes
"Mirar y no Tocar se llama Respectar"

Where as I say, “What makes YOU think that you can cast your eyes over aaaaaaaaaall this?”

Por que yo lo valgo
Kiki about to head out on the streets. Poncho from Middle East pasalubong, $10 Chinese store Pocahontas vest, Nepalese coat handmidown, floral and yellow polka dot gumboots, second handed gifted Picasso headscarf, pirate earrings $0.50c from St Vincent De Paul, and bohemian pants from night market in Thailand. BYO hoola hoop and rollerskates and Shar Dul.... What of it?


I’m not going to pretend that I DON’T think that I am ridiculously good looking.
I do.
I am.

I am perfect exactly as I am. I am a Goddess. My body is a perfect canvas, all my curves and barriga. My face is perfect, every pimple is a work of art.
I just don’t need for any body ELSE to think this.

Now, you may read and think I'm cocky and over confident, but I would rather being over confident and I don't think you can ever be too cocky about your own appearance. We are shown so many distorted images and so brainwashed in to thinking are boobs aren't big enough or our skin isn't smooth enough or our neck isn't thin enough or our second toe is too long.









I spent my younger years thinking my epicanthic fold made me look like I had Down's Syndrome. These days I embrace it like an exotic tropical treasure!
BE overconfident, girls! Go for it!!



I do think that my most similar celebrity lookalike is Spanish tennis champion,
Rafael Nadal. 


But that's neither here nor there. By default, this means I look like a capybara




And I certainly don’t need to be walking down the street and have street vendors, vagabonds, businessmen, senior citizens or even the smokin’ hot tamale dreamboat from anywhere to cast their self entitled eyes up and down over me and pass their approval. No. Just stop it. Go back to your business.
No, that's actually NOT Rafael Nadal
My ass looking damn fine in jeans is a reality. Learn to live it. Don’t let it interrupt your day. There are more pressing issues in this life. 

Coming back from the beach one night, spot a snake and crawl next to it in my natural habitat.

Beyond that, I’m far more interesting for my ideas and my attitude, nobody wolfwhistles at you for how well you articulate yourself on the Israel/Palestine debate; or how tremendously you bring a friendly face to the neighbourhood;or how you make a wish every year when you blow out the birthday candles that all the dogs with no home and no family find food and shelter and someone to love them. Those things are sexy. Being appraised and inspected in your jeans or skirt is not. It is degrading. It is not a compliment. If you get your self-esteem from that, then girlfriend, you need to seriously re evaluate.

So my friend, the Colombiano, Rolo, gave me his opinion on the subject- which was, ‘If you don’t want anyone to see it, don’t show it’

To which I have to say

I will ‘show’ exactly what I feel comfortable showing-nothing more, nothing less- and whatever I may or may not expose is for my own life, choice, expression, comfort, climate, body, surroundings and I will NOT be held responsible for other people’s (read: perros) misinterpretations and lack of accountability of their own greasy actions/thoughts thank you very much.

Get over yourselves. When I dress- do I have you in mind? I do not, and I will not START to in order to avoid grotesque behaviour that you should be keeping in check yourself. Please.
Ademas, If what I feel like wearing is a sequin embossed shell bikini I WILL and what of it? Why? Because I think I'm a hottie with a body? Obvio. Tell me something I don't know, but that's not whhhhhyyyyy!  As a girl who has more bikinis than clothes, and ten times as much as shoes, no doubt, it is an adjustment to give up the island lifestyle




The Funniest thing that has happened to me in Colombia, by far, is the day I went out wearing a white dress and (standard) looking hot tamale. This time though, the crazy Colombianos just could not handle. Highlight being- crossing the street as a bike turned the corner transporting a carton of glass beer bottles at the front and this little voyeur peddled and turned lost his balance and literally fell off his bike, breaking and shattering glasses. That's what happens when good looking birds walk by. BULA BOY, That's what you GET!!
I love bikinis just so much I have a family of different assortments. So much so that, Didn't know WHEN i have uni: but first- went out today to find Capoeira and Yoga and Kickboxing. INSTEAD come home with a new swimsuit. Nevermind the coast is ten hours away. Got to break it in while cooking lunch.What of it? A girls can NEVER have too many bikinis. It's our right as females to have selection in our swimwear - tanning, beach frolicking, pool leasure, laps, surfing... Many occasions = many cozzies. 



Or nothing at all.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario